Short Guide to Idaho Parking Laws:
In the state of Idaho, the Motor Vehicle Commission is not responsible for issuing parking tickets or collecting payments. All parking tickets in the state of Idaho are processed through the Idaho Municipal courts—individual districts are responsible for implementing and enforcing parking laws.
Because of the localized system, Idaho parking laws are established by individual towns.
The specific types of violations and their attached fines fluctuate based on jurisdiction. With that in mind, Idaho parking laws uphold the uniform parking laws of the broader nation. Listed below are some common examples of Idaho parking laws:
• ID parking law states that it is illegal to park on reserved bicycle lanes.
• ID parking law states that it is illegal to park within a certain amount of feet of any intersection; blocking visibility is illegal throughout the state
• ID parking law states that it is illegal to park in a crosswalk or in front of a handicapped access ramp.
• ID parking laws regulate the distance for which a car must park near a card
• ID parking laws state that it is illegal to stop or park next to a parked vehicle (double parking); it is also illegal to block a driveway or park in the area between the roadway of a divided highway
• ID parking laws make it illegal to park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
• ID parking laws make it illegal to park on sidewalks
Again, the attached penalties and the intricacies associated with the above violations will fluctuate based on the town and/or jurisdiction you are in.
What Do I Do I Get an Idaho Parking Ticket?
If you break Idaho parking laws and receive a ticket for your infraction you must either pay the fine or—if your citation says so—appear in court. Typically a mandatory court appearance is reserved for repeat violators or those who severely break an Idaho parking law. At court, you may plead guilty and pay your ticket or plead not guilty and fight the charge in court. For most drivers, paying the fine is more appealing, especially considering the fact that Idaho has a convenient online payment system for parking and moving violations.
How to Pay Your Parking Tickets Online:
To pay your parking tickets online search.dmv.org/dmv/idaho/pay-traffic-ticket-online.
On this page, to pay your ID parking ticket, simply click the box labeled “pay traffic ticket in Idaho.” When taken to the subsequent page you may enter either your license plate number or information found on the tangible parking ticket (court I.D. number, ticket prefix and ticket number).
When this information is entered click “continue” and enter your personal information along with your payment method (the Idaho Courts accept most major credit cards and debit card transactions). Once your payment information is entered, click submit and record the receipt. At this time your Idaho parking ticket is paid.