Virginia Parking Laws:
What are Virginia Parking Laws?
In the state of Virginia, the Motor Vehicle Commission is not responsible for issuing parking tickets or collecting payments on them. All parking tickets in the state of Virginia are processed through the Virginia Municipal courts. Because of this system, VA parking laws are established by individual towns. The specific types of violations and their attached fines will fluctuate based on jurisdiction. With that in mind, Virginia parking laws institute and uphold all of the uniform parking laws of the broader nation. Listed below are some common examples of VA parking laws:
Listed below are some common examples of Virginia parking tickets:
• Virginia parking law states that it is illegal to park on reserved bicycle lanes.
• Virginia parking law states that it is illegal to park within a certain amount of feet of any intersection; blocking visibility is illegal throughout the state
• Virginia parking law states that it is illegal to park in a crosswalk or in front of a handicapped access ramp.
• Virginia parking laws regulate the distance for which a car must park near a card
• Virginia parking laws state that it is illegal to stop or park next to a parked vehicle (double parking); it is also illegal to block a driveway or park in the area between the roadway of a divided highway
• Virginia parking laws make it illegal to park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
• Virginia parking laws make it illegal to park on sidewalks
Again, the attached penalties and the intricacies associated with the above VA parking tickets will fluctuate based on the town and/or jurisdiction you are in.
What Do I Do I Get a VA Parking Ticket?
If you break Virginia parking laws and receive a VA parking ticket for your infraction you must either pay the fine or—if your citation says so—appear in court. Typically a mandatory court appearance is reserved for repeat violators or those who severely break a Virginia parking law. At court, you may plead guilty and pay your ticket or plead not guilty and fight the charge in court. For most drivers, paying the VA parking ticket fine is more appealing, especially considering the fact that Virginia has a convenient online payment system for parking and moving violations.
How to Pay Your Parking Tickets Online:
To pay your VA parking tickets online please visit here: